With a free, printable download!
I especially love this simple activity, because essentially it’s what I teach; Coping Skills! I always advocate for positive affirmations and believe that they are so powerful for it being such a simple task.
To make them yourself, all you need is:
- Notecards OR construction paper cut into rectangles
- Pens or markers
Once you have your materials, all you have to do it write affirmations/reminders on them that YOU find helpful or uplifting.
Some other examples are:
- “This moment will pass, just breathe.”
- “Reminder, reach out to a friend – DO NOT ISOLATE”
- “Is this going to matter in 5 years?”
- “Is what I’m worrying about rational?”
For more examples that are already written for you and ready to print (30 of them), go to: Mental Health and Wellness Blog – Coping Cards – OR – make your own and be creative! I like laminating them and keeping them in a box or envelope in a place that is fast and easy to access, like your bed-side or office drawer.